Attention: Please head over to the new FlightGear store: http://shopping.flightgear.org and watch for periodic deals and coupon codes there!
Tired of waiting for those huge downloads to finish? Don’t want to store gigabytes of extra scenery data on your hard drive? Do you like spiffy DVD’s with cool stuff on them? Would you like to help support the project in a small way? You can purchase a DVD distribution of the latest FlightGear program and the FlightGear world scenery.
Save $5 by purchasing the program and scenery set together!
Includes the FlightGear program DVD for Windows or Mac OS X plus the 3-DVD World Scenery set in one combination package for a discounted price.
Includes everything you need to run FlightGear. Features install packages for either Windows or MacOSX (select your platform when you order) as well as an easy scenery installer. Includes 395 aircraft, documentation, and source code for the entire project. More details…
World Scenery set for FlightGear v2.6.0 (and higher.) This is a set of 3-DVD’s (about 13Gb of data) that includes the entire world scenery database for FlightGear. Scenery is based on SRTM terrain, vmap0 roads, rivers, railroads, lakes, cities, land cover, etc. More details…
- October 24, 2012: Scenery DVD’s updated to “terrascenery” rev 20579.
- February 27, 2012: The FlightGear “Program” DVD has been update to include “v184.108.40.206” Windows installer. This fixes small 32 vs. 64 bit packaging problem some 64 bit users reported (no program or code changes.)
- February 21, 2012: Updated the Mac OS X installer on the program DVD to include all the “r319” fixes.
- February 17, 2012: FlightGear v2.6 is released!
- Credit card sales are handled through a paypal.com so I never receive any of your specific credit card information, only a notification of your order with your shipping information.
- Alternate payment methods (i.e. mailing a check) can be arranged if you are unable to pay via paypal.
- I usually ship orders within 1-2 business days of receiving them.
- I ship via the United States Postal Service to keep costs as low as possible for everyone. This means there is no tracking number available. United States delivery usually takes 3-5 business days. International delivery usually takes 5-10 business days.
- If there is ever a problem with your order (such as lost in shipping, or a disk arrives damaged) please email me and I will do my best to work with you to resolve the situation.
- The contents of the DVD sets sold here are exactly the same programs and data that you can download from the FlightGear web site. I offer a physical copy of FlightGear as a service for those who would like a copy on DVD. You can always try before you buy. The contents of the DVD’s should never hold any surprises.
- If you have any further questions, please email me at
Where does the money go?
The proceeds from these sales go towards two primary goals:
- Sponsoring a child – The world definitely need a multi-platform, open-source flight simulator, but there are also way too many kids in our world that aren’t able to get even the basic stuff, like food, simple health care, and school. Here are more of my thoughts on the subject.
- Support of various FlightGear project needs such as server disk space and upgrades, registering domain names, etc.